“From the Horse’s Mouth” – Why Seitel Systems is a Great Place to Work
The banter – People here are smart. Often that comes with a quick wit that keeps you on your toes (in a good way).
Great office environment – We are hard-working and cooperative but not competitive; we focus our leadership on building great teams. In our office we do actual work (and do it well) but have been known to drag a grill out to the sidewalk at lunchtime… picture a grown-up version of a 1990s dot-com. P.S. You will become acquainted with “Steve the Pig.”
No selling hardware or software – Our business is understanding and using technology, not selling it. When we make recommendations to clients, we aren’t obligated to use a single vendor or product, and that’s one of the things our clients really appreciate about our advice. You can say what you really think without having to toe the party line.
Real-world variety – Our clients range from local 5-person mom-and-pop operations to 5,000-workstation corporations. Most are in the middle with somewhere between 30-250 workstations, but you’ll also find that the businesses themselves are diverse. You could find yourself on the top floor of a downtown office building or unexpectedly up-close-and-personal with otters while working on an aquarium webcam (yes, that happened).
Work where you live – Though some of our clients have national or international footprints, our business is, and always will be, right here in the Pacific Northwest. We have offices in Seattle, Tacoma, and Bellingham, and you can be based out of whichever one is closer to you. We make a concerted effort to assign our technical staff to client sites on the same side of town as their home whenever possible.
Learn and grow – When new career opportunities open up here, we seek first to promote from within. Internal advancement opportunities mean that employees can make careers here as their experience grows. A lot of this growth happens on-the-job, but we also encourage more formal training. We often cover the cost of training resources and certification exams in areas that you want to grow your technical skills. We even offer bonuses when you achieve a new certification in an area where we need more skills on staff.
A 29-year track record – Our people-oriented philosophy might seem unusual for the technology world, but we find it the best way to do business. Our roots go back to 1990, and right from the start we established and kept a reputation for technological expertise and outstanding customer service. That reputation, along with steady growth and financial stability, means that we’ll be here for the long term, doing what we do best, taking care of our clients and our team.
Quality of life is more than a buzzword – We really enjoy working with happy people. Happy people usually have something important in their lives beyond work – whether that’s family, athletics, performing arts, you name it. We encourage employees not to spend their personal time checking their work email. Work at Seitel Systems is one piece of the puzzle that makes up your life, but not all of it.
“More Than Just a Paycheck” – Our benefits package is designed to include the things that are important to you:
- A “Gold level” corporate health plan with a large network and generous employer contribution, with less than a 30-day waiting period before employees become eligible
- 401(k) plan with a menu of great low-expense mutual funds
- Paid vacation, sick time, and floating holidays that begin to accrue immediately upon hiring
- Profit-sharing for all employees, plus generous bonuses for technical staff on the rare occasions when our clients need some after-hours or weekend work
- We provide all our employees with public transit passes, allowing them to commute throughout the Seattle/Tacoma area at no cost to themselves. We also have some avid cyclists who enjoy bike commuting – evidenced by the bike rack in the coat room at our Seattle office.
- Our Seattle office is located at Harbor Steps, where our employees have access to their fitness areas (and it’s great having a concierge), and we’re close to everything the waterfront has to offer. Our Tacoma office is convenient to freeway access and the Tacoma Dome transit station. And our Bellingham (Ferndale) location is ideally situated for nature lovers with Mt. Baker to the east, the San Juan Islands to the west, and British Columbia to the north.
Our team is incredibly capable and motivated to provide the absolute best in client service. Seitel Systems is an equal opportunity employer and we’re proud of our diversity.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Check out our current openings: